7D Science Discussion (in lieu of lecture on March 4, cancelled due to protests)
Discuss and answer the following questions with your project group. Make a webpage with your responses.
1. Is there such a thing as an "artistic method?" Try to identify your method or the methods you see artists using. Make charts.
2. How could these methods (above) be useful for the sciences?
3. What do you think artists can contribute with to the sciences (other than what you discussed above)?
4. What could be shortcomings for artists when engaging with sciences?
5. From your experience in science and art classes, what do you feel are the biggest differences between the sciences and art?
6. From your experience in science and art classes, what do you feel are the biggest similarities between the sciences and art?
7. Is it interesting for artists to engage with the sciences? Why?
8. How can artists benefit from being engaged with science?